Website to App!
PWAs load 15x faster than native apps.
% of development & maintenance savings when maintained.
PWA increase in their mobile web traffic.
At Tha-One.Creative we now specialise in the development of PWA Apps. These PWA (Progressive web Apps) use modern web APIs along with traditional progressive enhancement strategy to create cross-platform web applications. These apps work everywhere and provide several features that mean performance will be the same whether on a new iPhone 8 or an older generation iPhone through progressive enhancements.
“PWAs load 15x faster than native apps. “
PWAs are primarily used to create mobile apps that do not need to be downloaded by the end-user. According to a report by AppInstitute, brands that have used PWAs have seen on average a 68 % increase in their mobile web traffic. The same report also noted PWAs load 15x faster than native apps. PWA currently can replace many Android Apps!
Who is on board?
Besides Apple, Microsoft, and Google putting support for PWAs into their respective browsers, many companies are already configuring their websites for adaptive PWA status. Here are just a few of the major brands that are now PWA-enabled:
- Starbucks (U.S.) (starbucks.com).
- Tinder (tinder.com).
- Google Maps (maps.google.com).
- Uber (m.uber.com).
- Lyft (ride.lyft.com).
- Twitter Lite (lite.twitter.com).
- Instagram (Instagram.com).
- Pinterest (pinterest.com).
- Alibaba, Medium, Flipboard, Snapdeal, Trivagao, The Weather Channel, The Financial Times, Pokedex.org, GitHub Explorer, Flipkart, Offline Wikipedia, and Forbes have also all launched PWA-enabled websites.